RST Executive Positions:
Vice President, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest are invited for three Executive positions that will be open at the next AGM (March 2023). Our current Vice President Tony Webster, Honorary Secretary Marley Large and Honorary Treasurer David Wilson have all indicated that they will not accept nomination for these positions next year.
Although the next AGM may seem long in the future, potential replacements will benefit from time to become familiar with what is expected. Summaries of the duties involved in each position follow.
The Vice President is charged with supporting and when necessary, delegating for the President and is expected to participate in RST Council committees. The Vice-President may serve for a maximum of two years but is elected annually, and usually succeeds the President to that position.
The Honorary Secretary:
- arranges the meetings of the Society, the Council and the Foundation;
- ensures that Minutes of all meetings are kept and entered in Minute Books;
- has responsibility for the preparation and compilation of documents relating to RST Council meetings and the RST Foundation;
- has primary responsibility for correspondence to and from the Society;
- liaises with the Newsletter Editor regarding newsletter production;
- provides a report on activities at each meeting of Council.
The Honorary Treasurer:
- has general financial oversight of the Society’s affairs;
- keeps accurate records of all money received and expended;
- prepares and presents reports at each Council meeting on the Society’s financial position and obtains Council approval for expenditure;
- produces an annual Statement of Income and Expenditure and a Balance Sheet, and arranges the auditing of the Society’s accounts;
- issues receipts for all money received and oversees the Society’s accounts with banks and other financial institutions;
- is responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Society, ensuring proper financial records are kept and ensuring adequate insurance is in place.
The Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer are the Line Managers of the Office Manager. The Honorary Secretary and the Honorary Treasurer are elected annually and hold office for one year but are eligible for re-election.
If you have an interest in one of these positions, please write to President Jocelyn McPhie at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the basis of your interest. Feel free also to contact our current Honorary Secretary (email@example.com) and Honorary Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details of the positions.