THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF TASMANIA CODE OF CONDUCT
In the interests of good governance, the Council resolved in 2020 to introduce a code of conduct for members and to update the code of conduct for Council Members and Office Bearers. Going forward, acceptance of the code of conduct by members will form part of any new membership application or renewal of membership.
Code of Conduct
Members in carrying out Society business must:
- Comply with the rules and policies of the Society.
- Behave in a manner that reflects the integrity and good reputation of the Society, including but not limited to: act honestly and with due care and diligence, treat everyone with respect and without harassment, victimisation or discrimination, and comply with all applicable Australian law.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality about dealings of, and information acquired by, the Society.
- Disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest in connection with the business of the Society.
- In all business conducted under the aegis of the Society, place the interests of the Society over their own interests or those of any other person or persons.
In addition to #1 – 5 above, all Council Members and Office Bearers must:
- Attend all meetings of the Council unless they have a reasonable excuse. If unable to attend, Council Members and Office Bearers must advise the Secretary in advance.
- Use their best endeavours to carry out their duties.