New RST Office Manager position
We are calling for applications from suitably qualified persons for a new part-time Office Manager position with the RST.
The Royal Society of Tasmania (RST) is the oldest scientific society in Australia. Its mission is the advancement of knowledge mainly through monthly lectures, publication of the Papers and Proceedings of the RST and books, awarding RST medals to outstanding scholars, and sponsoring or promoting educational and scholarly activities. The Society currently has 350 members and is based in the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Davey Street, Hobart. Further information about the Society is available from our website: rst.org.au
A new part-time casual position of up to 8 hours per week has been created. The Office Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of our office where professionalism, initiative and wide experience in office management tasks will be required.
You will perform a full range of office management duties including:
- Day to day running of the office
- Manage telephone and email contacts and correspondence
- Administrative support to the Executive and Council
- Assist with the maintenance of membership and financial records
- Promotion and marketing of RST merchandise
- Arrange meetings and associated bookings
- Record and circulate Society minutes and reports
- Other tasks as required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Competent computing skills especially in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to manage the day to day running of an office and to work independently
Experience in an accounting package would be an advantage.
Please submit applications outlining qualifications and demonstrating how your experience and skills match the selection criteria by cob Friday June 4, 2021. Please include the names and contact details of two referees.
A full position description is available from email@example.com
Send your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org